It is about non violence and the desire to serve our well-being (Marshall B. Rosenberg).
Reinder Vrielink +31 682164425
non-violent communication and education/technology enhanced learning
My name is Reinder Vrielink. I was born in Deventer (1951), a small old town in the east of the Netherlands (founded in about 768). I live there still (after 2 x to be moves to another city) with a lot of pleasure. I am married and we have three children and six grandchildren. I’m interested in the role of new technology in learning and teaching (technology enhanced learning). Learning to practise non-violent communication is also one of my goals. I am also crazy about football (soccer), nature, music, travel, hiking, biking and everything to do with human behaviour. I have three Bachelor degrees and one Master degree:
1973, HBO-b, Biochemistry. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek Institute Delft,
1981, MO-A, Physics and Chemistry. Rijks Universiteit Utrecht,
1983, Medical and Biological techniques. NGLOB Amsterdam,
2005, MSc in e-learning, multimedia and consultancy. Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
In my work experience, I started as a biochemical laboratory assistant on the University Medical Center Utrecht (1973) on the clinic for surgery where I assisted in a PhD research on a new stomach surgery technique. Two years later I went working on the Psychiatric Hospital Endegeest in Oegstgeest, where we did research on brain metabolism which is related to Parkinson’s disease. At the same hospital, I taught nurses laboratory skills.
In 1978, I made a transfer to a secondary school in Deventer where I taught sciences for about ten years. After that, I became a headmaster in three different secondary schools. During 2006/2007, I worked as an interim teacher/developer on NHL University in the Netherlands on the Institute of Technology, department of Communication & Multi Media Design, where I developed the minor in education and multimedia. Since November 2007, I was manager of education on the Police Academy of the Netherlands. On the school of Policing I was also a member of the project team to develop a new curriculum: MBO all-round police officer in three years (instead of four). The last four years I was program manager of ICT and education on the Police Academy of the Netherlands.
I retired June 2015. After 42 years for the national Government to have worked, mainly in education. Nowadays I do volunteer work: I am employee education on the Etty Hillesum Centre (Deventer) and teacher Dutch language on the AZC (Schalkhaar).
In addition I am now fully on my education consulting firm, Paul Revédi Consultancy. A consultancy firm (since 1983) for advice, coaching research and training in the field of learning and teaching. Specializing in Nonviolent Communication in education and in technology enhanced learning.
- Vrielink, R. (2017). Implementation of Blackboard 9.1 (learn) at the Police Academy. Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN 978-620-2-02359-7.
- Vrielink, R. (2015). Appreciation of the use of Blackboard at the Police Academy of the Netherlands using the Technology Acceptance Model. The Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, Innovation and Change.
- Vrielink, R. (2006). Predicting the use of Blackboard and predicting the use of a Personal Digital Analyser with the Technology Acceptance Model. A comparative and a cross-validation research among Dutch pupils aged 12-18. 24 September 2006. Current Developments in Technology-Assisted Education. Seville m-ICTE 2006. Vol. 1 p. 591-595
- Vrielink, R. (2006). Implementing Open and Flexible Learning Environment: Dalton College and e-learning. elearningeuropa.info. 27 maart 2006. elearningeuropa.info 27 March 2006
- Broeren, C.W.J., Vrielink, R. (2003) Onderbouwspel. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-08-2
- Vrielink, R. (1991) Beknopte natuur- en scheikunde voor het M.A.V.O. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-06-6
- Vrielink, R.(1987) Lerarenhandleiding bij de praktikumhandleidingen. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-04-X
- Vrielink, R. (1986) praktikum deel 2:Milieukunde. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-02-3
- Vrielink, R. (1985) prakticum deel 1:Keukenchemie. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-03-1
- Vrielink, R. (1984) PRAKTIKUMHANDLEIDING voor scheikunde en biologie. Revédi. Deventer. ISBN: 90-70941-01-5
- Goekoop, J.G., Spies, F., Wisse D.M., Vrielink R., de Vries E., and G. M. J. van Kempen (1978) pH-dependent behaviour of erythrocyte membrane elevations II Occurrence in moderate acidemic and alkalemic conditions. Cell Biology International Reports Volume 2, Issue 4, July 1978, Pages 397-402 doi:10.1016/0309-1651(78)90026-7
- Goedkoop, J.G., Spies, F., Bierman-van Steef, C., Vrielink, R. and van Kempen, G.M.J. (1978). pH-dependent behavior of erythrocyte membra¬ne elevations. Volume 2, Issue 2, March 1978, Pages 139-145 doi:10.1016/0309-1651(78)90034-6
- Pennings, E.M.J., Vrielink, R. and van Kempen, G.M.J. (1978). Kinetics and Mechanism of the rat brain phenol sulfotransferase reaction. Biochemical Journal. 173, pp. 299-307
- Pennings, E.M.J., Vrielink, R. and van Kempen, G.M.J. (1976). Anomalous effect of probenecid on rat brain phenolsulfotransferase. Biochemical Pharmacology. Vol. 25, pp. 1678-1690. doi:10.1016/0006-2952(76)90486-X
- Pennings, E.M.J., Vrielink, R., Wolters, W.L. and van Kempen,G.¬M.J. (1976). Inhibition of brain phenol sulfotransferase in vitro by noradrenaline and dopamine metabolites. Journal of Neurochemistry. Vol. 27, pp. 915-920.